Monday 6 September 2010

Why "My Spirit Sings"?? Why Blog??

When I first sought to set up an email account I didn't just want to use my own name, I was looking for an email addess that said something more about who I am than simply just my name.

As a Christian I tried to think what God had done for me and how I could express that, and as I thought about it, it seemed very obvious that he had given me "song".

I love nothing better than worshipping the Heavenly King in song, and then the phrase came to me, "God has placed a song in my heart and caused My Spirit to Sing". And so there it was, my eamil address - MySpiritSings@gmail.com

I have finally succumbed to setting up a blogging page (if that is the correct word for it) after I have shared some things with various friends and people on-line that I have experienced or that have been revealed to me or that have inspired me by listeneing to others but most importantly listeneing to God.

It is not written from the position of getting everything right - far from it! I have made some big errors! I have wandered away from the straight and narrow but through God's grace I have been bought back into His ways. The stories I have may not seem remarkable to some, they are after all the reflections of a pretty ordinary man, who has lived a fairly ordinary life, but who has an extraordinary Heavenly Father who loves him dearly and holds my hand and takes me through life even when I mess things up.

So the blogs will be to share randomly different things in and from my life. They will not be a daily diary hence me calling them "random". I will write them as I feel it is right to do so. My hope is that something I share will be an encouragement for others and will help reflect what a good God we have despite the poor models (that's me and you) He sometimes has to work with.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Steve, looking forward to hearing what you ahve to say.
    All the best.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete